I feel that way this week. Deadlines are looming over me at work, things at home need to be addressed and taken care of, preparations for an upcoming trip are waiting to be done, lectures need to be written, my refrigerator is empty and seriously needs to be replenished, and the cats need some love (actually they get their loving even when I’m stressed). The list goes on and on.
How is it possible to get everything done? How do we walk through those busy seasons of life without losing sleep (and our sanity)? When I’m having days and weeks like this and feeling anxious and stressed by deadlines and increasingly longer to-do lists, I have to go to Scripture to get God’s perspective on my busy life.
These are some passages that God has used to bring things back into perspective for me this week:
- Psalm 138:8: “The Lord will accomplish what concerns me …”
- 1 Chronicles 16:11: “Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually.”
- Isaiah 40:29: “He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power.”
- Matthew 6:34: “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself …”
- 2 Thessalonians 5:24: “Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.”
- 1 Peter 5:7: “… casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”
Perhaps you’re feeling stressed this week, pulled in many directions, unsure of how you’re going to get everything done. God knows. He cares. Give that to-do list to Him. Ask Him to show you what can be taken off or done by someone else. Then trust Him to accomplish those things He has given you to do.
What passages have encouraged you during busy, stressful seasons of life?