A new year! I always get excited about what a new year might hold. God knows what’s ahead for each of us this year, but He reveals it to us one step at a time. For some, there will be great joy and pleasant surprises, gifts from God. For others, there will be heartache and sadness, also gifts from God. How will we respond to what He has in store for us this year?
I like to journal on New Year’s Eve concerning the present year – writing down thoughts from the year, the highs and lows, the changes, the accomplishments and failures. Then on New Year’s Day, I like to journal with a focus on the coming year.
As you begin this New Year, I encourage you to ponder these five questions:
1. How do you most want to see God work in your life this year?
2. What is one thing you want to start doing that is missing?
3. What are you thankful for from this past year? What has God done?
4. What is one thing you can step out in faith to do this year that you’ve been hesitant to do? How do you want God to stretch you?
5. What can you do to strengthen your love for Jesus this year?
We don’t know what the year ahead holds, but God does. Stay close to Him and let Him guide you one step at a time. As David wrote in Psalm 139:16: “Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.”
Happy New Year!